How to Delete Instagram Reel Drafts: Proven Solution
Instagram offers you to create reels and save those as drafts. This facility allows you to review your reels before publishing in terms of checking content quality, doing necessary editing, modifying the content, etc.
However, it also allows you to delete the under-review Reel permanently in case you are not satisfied with the quality or just have a change of mind.
Now the question is how to delete Instagram reel drafts. In this article, we are going to inform you of the deleting process in detail while covering some relevant aspects.
Why Delete Instagram Reel Drafts
Before knowing the process of how to delete Instagram reel drafts, we suggest you know the reasons for doing such removal. It will assist you in justifying your action. Below are the reasons.
Organizing the Library on Instagram
It is very problematic if your drafts folder is filled with unfinished projects. An overflowing reels draft folder eventually creates a problem when you search for the draft you actually want to publish.
In this case, deleting some drafted reels can help you. Deleting unnecessary drafts frees up digital space, allowing you to focus on the projects that truly matter.
The stored drafts always put pressure on your mind. Whenever you open the folder, the not-published works demand your attention. Even if you are sure that the content you are not going to publish, it attracts your thought process.
This is just a waste of time. Deleting drafts that no longer resonate helps you work on new ideas more.
Preventing Accidental Publishing
Publishing a drafted reel is just a matter of a few clicks. And there is always a chance that you mistakenly publish any unwanted content. It may ruin your reputation and can even bring banning to your account.
To restrict such happening, deleting the reel drafts is a lucrative option. By deleting drafts, you reduce the risk of accidentally sharing content that doesn’t align with your creative vision.
Optimizing Your Work Process
Keeping your content creation, posting, storing, etc., tasks organized is essential. It triggers effectiveness in your digital marketing business. With fewer drafts to sort through, you can quickly locate and refine the contents that align with your current goals.
Creativity is a journey of growth and transformation. Deleting drafts means you let go of past iterations and are ready to embrace the changes in your vision. And surely it is better to use an Instagram Reels Downloader to download and save some standard reels to learn about quality than wasting time on the unpublished saved reels on Instagram.
How to Delete Instagram Reel Drafts
Below is a stepwise guide on how to delete Instagram reel drafts.
- If you are using a desktop or laptop, open any suitable browser and go to the Instagram website. On your mobile, go to the Instagram App.
- Login to your account by using your Id and Password.
- On the screen, press the profile icon. This icon is located at the bottom right part of your phone.
- Under the “story highlight” section, press the “reels” icon.
- You will see there is a folder named “drafts.”
- Tap on that folder to check out all the reels and select from those that you want to delete.
- Now go to a reel and press the “select” button. You can also select multiple reels.
- Locate the button named “discard.”
- It will ask you for final confirmation. And the system will show you two options, “discard” and “cancel.”
- Press the “discard” button to get rid of drafted reels.
Must-know Information on Removing Drafted Instagram Reels
We suggest you keep in mind in terms of deleting the unwanted Insta reels.
- Once you have saved a reel, it cannot be edited. However, it can be edited after posting. In this case, we suggest you carefully check the content carefully to avoid the inclusion of violating or unwanted components.
- As long as the reels are in draft, nobody can see them except you.
- The draft reels will remain on the system until you remove or publish them.
- Once you have deleted the draft reels, they cannot be restored. So, before pressing the final “discard” button, think strategically.
- You can recover the deleted drafted Instagram reel from the camera roll.
- Instagram reels can be downloaded and saved in the Archive folder.
We strongly recommend you review your Reel before taking removal action. It will restrict losing of valuable content accidentally. It will also save you the time that requires for the recreation of the short video content.
Instagram does not specify the maximum number of drafts you can have. But it’s a good practice to keep your drafts organized to prevent clutter. Always delete the imperfect contents from the draft folder from time to time.
No, deleting draft Reels does not impact your follower count or engagement metrics. The drafted version of the reels is strictly private; no one can see these videos. And your follower won’t get notified if you delete any drafted reel.
We hope that now you have a clear idea of how to delete Instagram reel drafts. By employing the given step-by-step guideline, you can easily delete unwanted reels from the draft folder on Instagram. Remember, deleting drafts is more than just a routine task.
It is an invitation to embrace the evolution of your creative expression. It allows you to get rid of old things and start working on new ideas. By letting go of what no longer serves your creative vision, you create space for the extraordinary to flourish.